Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Learning Profile Blogspot Post

I learn best when I focus on the details within a visual and need to see, speak and or write in order to learn to my fullest potential. I prefer structured learning and organized schedules when it comes to learning new information or revising over certain topics. If I were to see a schedule on the board in the beginning of class, I would read through every one of the activities. When I do this, it makes me feel more comfortable to be able to know what’s going to happen next, and allows me to be able to work better.

I need to sit at the right side of the room to be able to hear the instructions from the statement's more clearly due to my left dominant ear. I need to be able to properly assess an entire picture. For example, I would have to sometimes learn to see the 'forest' apart from 'many trees'. This would enable me to see thing's from an entire perspective out of the whole picture.

Certain strategies to help me learn better are for me to be able to carefully plan out what I am going to do for a certain class or homework. This would help because I tend to prefer linear learning, and if I am able to stick to this plan, I would be able to work better, and faster.

I would like my teacher’s to know that I tend to space out when I work in class, and when I do my homework, so whenever I look like I’m not paying attention or daydreaming, I am actually listening carefully and contemplating each instruction given to me so that I may better understand how the activity may help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment